Welcome to www.culinology.org — the online home of the Research Chefs Association (RCA). If this is your first time here, we encourage you to explore the many programs and services available through RCA then join us and get involved with the bright minds housed in this organization. If you’re a regular, welcome back!
The RCA is the premier source of culinary and technical information for the food industry, with a professionally diverse membership including chefs, food scientists, educators, sales associates, students and other industry professionals who define the future of food.
During the past 15+ years we have grown from a small, US-based association to an international organization of more than 2,000 active members hailing from the U.S., Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Singapore and Malaysia, just to name a few. One way we all stay connected is through our robust, connected community rca-connect. This online community allows members to join archived discussion groups, share large files and offers a complete online directory of RCA members.
Professionals in research and development, manufacturing, packaging, foodservice, catering and restaurants of all sizes are turning to the RCA because of our passion for innovation and quality in food product development. There are unique and respected opportunities for all membership groups from Culinology® students to top foodservice executive.
The RCA and our members are united by Culinology® — a thriving discipline that blends culinary arts and food science/technology. In fact, the mission of the RCA is to promote the value of Culinology® and empower its community. Our vision: Defining the Future of Food. To do that, RCA has a number of programs that provide our diverse membership with opportunities for professional and personal growth:
• Professional certification programs: Certified Research Chef (CRC) for the chef that wants to develop and exploit his food science expertise; and Certified Culinary Scientist (CCS) for the food scientist that wants to sharpen his skills in the culinary arts
• Continuing and higher education Culinology® programs at major U.S. colleges and universities
• Scholarships for continuing and higher education funded by the Research Chefs Foundation
• A robust, online community, RCA-Connect.org, which includes a virtual rolodex of RCA members, archived discussions and the ability to share & store large files
• Professional publications, including Culinology® magazine and Culinology Currents® newsletter
• Networking opportunities for our members through the RCA membership directory, RCA-Connect, and RCA groups on LinkedIn and Facebook and networking opportunities industry events such as the National Restaurant Show and the Institute of Food Technologists
• Professional recognition through a national awards program, Culinology® competitions and other RCA-sponsored events
• Regional events for friendly, informal networking and educational seminars
• The Employment Network for members, an online job posting service hosted at www.culinology.org
Whether you are a student planning your career; a young professional looking to grow; or a veteran in food R&D trying to stay abreast of the latest and greatest advances and trends, there is always something inspiring happening at the RCA. We invite you to explore what we have to offer, beginning right here on our website.
Charles Hayes, CRC®, CEC
RCA is managed by the Kellen Company, an employee-owned association management company providing association and meetings management, public relations, government affairs, marketing, web site development and graphic design services. Offices in Atlanta, New York, Washington, Tucson, Brussels and Beijing. www.kellencompany.com